
Well it's a tad late but I'm getting demands and my computer freezes every time I try to work so I thought I'd take this opportunity to post some pictures from my birthday/the turkey hunt! We had so much fun!



We'd been trying all weekend to get me a good turkey but had NO luck, I guess after getting shot at turkeys get really smart! So our last morning there we decided to sleep in (we were lazy), Chance's allergies were bugging him that morning so he started to get restless so around 7:30 we decided to get up and just see what we could sneak up on. We were driving past our regular fields and saw 3 small jakes out in one so we decided to try and sneak in on them but as soon as they saw our truck on the road they took off and we lost them so we were about to just head back to camp and call it good when Chance saw a tom strutting out of the corner of his eye, I told him it was just a tire and lets head home but we backed up and he pulled up the binos on him and sure enough it was a Tom!!! I was pretty excited. We jumped the fence and started in on the other side of the trees he was at. We came to a little clearing and were waiting when I saw him come around the trees, I said 'I see him', but chance didn't hear me so he started to walk towards me and spooked the Tom. He took off in the other direction. So chance decided to jump in the truck and head him off at the other side of the field. We got there just as he was strutting up to some hens. So we waited. The owner of the land drove by on his 4 wheeler and it spooked him and he actually started heading right for us so we waited for him to cross the ditch and fence and we'd just pull right up on him he started just running right next to the truck and then heading back down the ditch he was only 10 ft from me when 'click!' I FORGOT TO RELOAD THE GUN!!!! Yep... I forgot we'd taken the round of the chamber when he jumped back in the truck! By then he'd flew over the fence and ditch and was on a dead run, so I reloaded and BOOM! got him! WAHOO!!!! Chance was SO excited! He jumped out of the truck and BOUNDED across the ditch AND fence (all in one leap) just yipping and screaming the whole him! He sounded like a loony toon! it was so funny! I was SO excited though it was so much fun!
Here are some pictures from the trip!!!
Bigfoot??? or Wade.... :) We'll say Wade just to be safe!... and keep me from going home!!!
The PRETTIEST horse I've ever seen! I loved it!
If I could've I would've taken it home with me and kept it in my house!!!
Me 5 1/2 Months along!
Best belly pic ever! love it loua!!!
ReplyDeleteHoly crap! 5 1/2 months?! When did that happen? And Rach is right - real cute pic!
ReplyDeleteLaura! I saw your blog link on facebook...and just had to check it out of course. You are so tiny still! You hardly look pregnant!!! How've you been feeling? By the time I come back to UT you will have a baby are you going to be at pinnacle still? I'm trying to convince Holly to start a blog!!!
ReplyDelete