Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our Disappearing Act!

Well apparently I don't keep in touch with my families as good as I should and it took Memorial Weekend to show me that! Chance and I got invited down to Lake Powell for the weekend with his friend Jeff and his family. They have quite a few big boats (and one spare) so we were able to stay on those, it was SO much fun! It was my first trip to Powell and I got SPOILED! Uncle Brad and Aunt Burn fed us the ENTIRE TIME! (and Burn wasn't shy about OVER feeding me and my pregnant self! She REALLY didn't want the baby to go without!) It was a GREAT time it's SUCH a gorgeous place I couldn't believe it! BUT our phones died while we were down there and because we weren't expecting to be on Yachts with power plugs we didn't bring our chargers, but didn't worry too much about it. BAD IDEA! Apparently I’m not the ONLY paranoid one in my family because Dad and Mary (well and everyone I’m sure cause we’re THAT awesome) were worried SICK! Mary’s first thought (Chance is still holding a grudge for) was that he’d murdered me and taken off! OR that we’d BOTH been murdered while on my turkey hunt. OR that we’d gone to Chuck’s (chance’s dad’s) for dinner and THE WHOLE FAMILY had been taken out!! EEEK! Luckily, our only injuries were my sunburned shoulders and there weren’t any psychopaths in sight! Here are a few pictures from our wonderful trip!

Sadly right after I took this picture my camera died and we got ZERO pictures of Chan wakeboarding! :(

It's TRUE brown people CAN have farmers tans!!

BEAUTIFUL
This was a HUGE waterfall!
Hopefully the tiny boat can show you just how huge the waterfall really was!

This is the storm that kicked our butts on the last day we were there. We watched it almost sink a house boat! (yes, watched... we're no heros!)

Chance learning to surf!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome waterfall. I'm glad noone was murdered. I just figured since it was memorial weekend you were probably camping and didn't have a signal. I guess I should have shared my theory with the rest of the family. Jared

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. Everything she said is true. Sorry Chance, but I've seen it happen on Crime TV way too many times! :)
    I was really worried though, every single one of those thoughts passed through my head.
    At least I cared! (ah-hem, Jared!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    I know that you dont know me, I knew chance in high school when I dated a kid he knew. lol anyway and I know shauna and t.j through my husband, what a small world! but I was reading your blog and you are hilarious and super cute! congrats on everything!

    ReplyDelete