Monday, July 13, 2009

Oh what a weekend!

This weekend was alot of fun, but a little scary! Friday morning I woke up at 4 and was having REALLY uncomfortable contractions and they wouldn't stop, I started timing them and they were down to every minute I would have one. Scary! I knew I wasn't in labor, but I still definitely wasn't comfortable I woke Chance up and told him so he snuggled me to sleep (yes, i went back to sleep because I didn't want to have to go to the emergency room.. I decided if they were still happening in the morning I would call my dr) So by 6 AM I was back asleep. I woke up at 8 for work and was still having them regularly but they weren't quite so uncomfortable, I called my Doctor's Office I talked with a few different nurses, they talked to my dr, and finally decided I'd better come in just to make sure things were ok. So I went in and they checked my blood pressure and everything and that was fine (other than the fact that I gained a pound in just one week!!!) So my dr checked me and my cervix was still closed so that was GREAT news, then they decided to hook me up to a nonstress test machine and monitor the baby's heart rate and my contractions for 20 minutes. Sure enough I was contracting every 4 minutes! So since the dr checked my cervix they couldn't do another test on me for 24 hours so I was sent home to rest and relax and if I was still contracting Saturday morning I was supposed to go to the hospital and check my urine for fetal fluids... I was pretty nervous because at 1AM I was STILL contracting regularly, BUT luckily I woke up saturday and had ZERO contractions! So as much as my belly wanted her out Hadley's not coming more than 3 weeks early! We talked with her and worked it out... she's willing to compromise! :)

Have a great monday! :)

2 comments:

  1. already has a mind of her own i see! keep me posted. i hope she stays put for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drink more water and more water! If you start to have contractions drink at least 32 oz. They should calm down if not in true labor.

    ReplyDelete