Alright, well! I'm going to try and get through this without crying.. which is very unlikely (as chance has learned.. I can't even think about Matthew without crying...). BUT! Good news! He made it do Ecuador safely!! He is serving in the Quito Ecuador mission, Spanish speaking. And he was SO excited to go! His mission president sent us a picture and a great letter! I'm so excited for Matty to start this wonderful experience. I know that he is going to do great, I've never met such a strong and just all around GREAT kid in my entire life!
I'll be honest, I get a teeny-tiny glimps into the life of a parent when it comes to Matthew. He's my buddy, I love him so much and if I could keep him from ever getting hurt, sad or even being cold I would! I know silly right, he's one person that would be able to handle ANYTHING. But I am SO protective of the kid! I am so grateful for him and his courage and his strength. He's always been there for me, and we've always been able to just talk about anything. I love him so much and am so proud of him! I'm so grateful Heavenly Father blessed me with the little brother that he did. And the FAMILY that he did! I've got SUCH a great family! I love each of my siblings so much and am so grateful for the relationships that I have with each of them! I was truely blessed with an amazing family!
Keep him in your prayers! and if you get the chance to send him a quick email I'm sure he would love it!
matthew.d.morris.eqm@myldsmail.net
Dang you. Made me tear up.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of Matt, he will be a strong and powerful missionary.
Love you Lou.